7:00 am EST.
Directions to the Race
The race will start at the Group Shelter on Lake Delanor Rd. The park gate will open at 6:00 am. F. D. Roosevelt State Park is located just off I-185 near Callaway Gardens, west of Warm Springs, on Ga. Route 190, or south of Pine Mountain off U.S. Hwy. 27. Get more detailed directions on Google Maps.
• Parking is limited at the start/finish. Please consider carpooling.
• ALL RUNNERS MUST CHECK IN ON SUNDAY MORNING PRIOR TO STARTING THE RACE!
$5.00 parking fee in the State Park including the trailhead parking areas along route 190. This fee is NOT INCLUDED in your entry. There are numerous Self Pay Boxes throughout the park. Georgia Annual State Park passes may be purchased at the park headquarters.
Aid Stations / Crew / Cutoffs
• The course will close after 11 hours. Cutoffs will be strictly enforced along the way.
• Aid stations will have water, Gatorade and a wide variety of the standard ultra fare.
• You are allowed to have a crew, but crew access is allowed only at aid stations.
• CREW VEHICLES MUST HAVE A PARKING PASS!
|46 Miler||Aid Station||Dist from Prev AS||Cutoff||Drop Bag?||Crew Access|
|6.2||Chestnut Oak/190 Xng||6.2||NO|
|11.0||Fox Den Cove||4.9||YES|
|40.2||Fox Den Cove||2.9||4:36PM||YES|
|43.1||Buzzard's Roost road xng||2.9||NO|
|46.0||Finish @ Shelter||2.9||6:00PM||YES|
|19 Miler||Aid Station||Dist from Prev AS||Cutoff|
|5.9||Fox Den Cove||5.9|
|13.5||Fox Den Cove||2.7||4:36PM|
|16.3||Buzzard's Roost road xng (water only)||2.8|
|19.2||Finish @ Shelter||2.9||6:00PM|
Locations TBD. Please do not put anything breakable in your bags, or anything valuable, as we will not be responsible for the contents. Drop off your drop bags at the start area race morning. They will be brought back after the aid station closes that afternoon. Mark your drop bags with your name!
Because we'll start in the dark and some of you may finish in the dark, we'll have a flashlight drop box. Be sure to put your name on your flashlight. And don't use you pricey hi-tech top-of-the-line light. All flashlights not retrieved on race day will be dontated to the volunteers.
If you feel you must drop from the race then you must let an official aid station volunteer know that you are leaving. We cannot guarantee quick return to the start/finish, but will eventually get you there.
Results will be posted to the GUTS website and submitted to UltraRunning magazine.
Packet Pick Up
• Saturday, December 5, 4:00 - 7:00 pm, Group Shelter (start area)
• Race day at 6:00 a.m. at the Start/Finish area. The park gates will open at 6:00 am.
• We strongly encourage you to pick up your packets on Saturday to ease race morning confusion.
• ALL RUNNERS MUST CHECK IN ON SUNDAY MORNING PRIOR TO STARTING THE RACE! We need to know who actually starts the race so we know what bodies to search for later.
We have set up a block of rooms with the Mountain Top Inn, located just two miles from the Start/Finish. The Mountain Top Inn has several lodging options available. Motel style guest rooms beginning at $50 a night, Lodge rooms starting at $71, and log cabins available to rent - beginning at $161 per night. Please visit www.mountaintopinnga.com to book your rooms, or call 706.663.4719.
A portion of the proceeds from the Pine Mountain Trail Mile Run will go to the Pine Mountain Trail Association, the Friends of FDR State Park, and the FDR State Park Search & Rescue Team. So far we were able to donate $5,500 to the to these organizations.