GUTS Member Spotlight: Franco Conti
- My name- According to my birth certificate I'm, Calogero Francesco Conti Taguali,
To my running friends I'm Franco.
- Age- I was born June 30 1951 that makes me 62 years old.
- Birthplace/ home town- I was born in Italy, home town Tortorici Sicily
- Years running- I have burning Rubber for 48 years.
- A trail runner- or ultra runner? I have run all. Road, trail , and ultra.
- Favorite qoute- Embrace your family love life because what else more is there.
- Personal philosophy- If you see day light it is going be good day.
- Personal hero- Any one that goes the extra mile above and beyond are all hero
- Book you are currently reading- Book of books the old and new testaments
- Favorite vacation location- I been all over the world, but l love going to the great smokey
Mountain to Gatlinburg Tennessee crazy ha.
- Pet peeve- I respect all animal, excepted snakes shoot them all
- Favorite place to run- I love to run at the Mountain, my favor Coosa Country (Vogel)
- what is the favor time a day to run- Early morning when mist, fog, and sun rising.
- Goals are a means to end, not the ultimate purpose of our lives- they are simply a tool to concentrate our focus and move us in direction- the only reason we really pursue goals is to cause ourselves t expand and grow- achieving goals by them selves will never make us happy in the long term- it,s who you become- as you overcome the obstacles necessary to achieve you goals- that can give you the deepest and most long-lasting sence of fulfillment-
- best race experience- in my early days in high school I made to state competition- and my other experience is qualifying for Boston marathon time 2:58-
- Most monumental struggle during a race- Mystery Mountain Marathon-
At Fort Mountain Ga- climbing the Conti clime I though for sure that was the end that I was going to cross over, but good friend Sandy Geisel and Steve Micheal see that I finished-
- Favorite piece running gear- that is a easy one- it would be (shoes)-
- Favorite post run drink- lemon lime Gatorade-
- Chronic injuries- (non)
- Favor pacer or crew- really you what ask me question 21 what I thick pacer and crew I pass-
- Most intriguing item that I found on trail- one early morning running at Kennsaw Mountain - running from the visitor center crossing Burt Hickory Road - on bottom of the steps I found a dead men- in his car- he must drove off the road-
- Favorite non- running leisure activity- trout fishing in Mountains-
- Interesting fact about you that we'd never thick to ask- never thing to ask what shapes our life- are the question we ask- refuse to ask - or never think to ask-